Monday, February 27, 2017

Youth Retreat 2017


     Over this past weekend I had the pleasure of going to the 2017 Youth Retreat for the group of churches that the church I go to are affiliated with. It was such a blessing to be there with a group of christian young people that learned about being disciples and also making disciples. 

     Discipleship means "intentionally partnering with another Christian in order to help that person obey Jesus and grow in relationship with him-so that he or she can then help others do the same" (devotional for youth retreat). We learned about Elijah and the way he passed on his ministry to Elisha. Both Elisha and Elijah had choices to not do what they did, but they both chose to follow through. Discipling is not a choice though, it is actually part of the Great Commission; "make disciples of all the nations..." Matthew 28: 19-20. It should be part of our christian walk. We have to be saved and following Jesus first, before we start discipling others.  This is an important part. How can we disciple others if we are not ourselves saved and following Jesus in our life? 
     I thank God that he met us there and personally, that he met me. It was such a blessing and worship was also very good. We also learned some memory work which was John 15:5-8.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

No comments:

Post a Comment