Monday, December 29, 2014

Being Uniquely You!!

      It has been a while since I wrote a post and I am very sorry. College has been a challenge this semester, but I am officially finished with my finals! Today I feel like talking about being unique.  I think this is so important in our society, to be you and not be shy about it.  If not all of you know, I am left-handed.  This is something very unique about me that I am proud of.  Earlier this year at a Barnes and Noble store sale I bought this book that I have a picture of, and its all about and for left-handed people.  I am never ashamed to be left-handed no matter what anyone says (uh hem...brother and sister) and am always standing up for left-handers. I learned some very interesting things from this book, some of which I will share later on.
      Not only am I unique by being left-handed, but because God made me unique, even though I am a twin.  Sometimes people think just because we are twins my sister and I are exactly alike, which in some cases is true, but not in everything.  God made us unique. My sister and I have a poem in our room and it goes like this:

                  Twins 
So many good things come in pairs,
Like ears and socks and panda bears.
But best of all are sets of twins,
With extra laughter, double grins.

There's so much fun in having two
With twice as many points of view.
So much alike, forever linked,
And yet they're also quite distinct. 

They share a birthday and a name, 
But moods and tempers aren't the same. 
Although at times they may dispute, 
Their loyalty is absolute. 

From days of youth till life is done, 
It's one for both and both for one. 
We're all quite novel and precise, 
But special folks God made them twice! 

   I like the poem but like the line, "so much alike, forever linked, and yet they're also quite distinct", my sister and I are two different people. In the end my sister and I have different purposes that God created us for.  In the Bible, "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." (Psalm 139: 13-14).  
        Thank you God for making me unique and into the person you created me to be.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment