Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas 2013!!

      Merry Christmas everyone!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, I know I did.  I waited until now to write this post because I had to make sure to write about everything that happened, not just what happened strictly on Christmas.   I had a wonderful Christmas and loved seeing all of my close family (literally).  I have a few people to thank for making this Christmas so amazing and wonderful.
      First, I want to thank God.  If God had not sent his son to earth, we would not even be celebrating this holiday, except with the secular traditions.  I am thankful for Christ because he paid our debt we could not pay, even if we had tried.  I always find it amazing when I think that God sent his son down to earth, out of heaven knowing full well that he would have to die on a cross, for the people he came to save! There is a song that really blessed and touched me this Christmas.  It's called "How Many Kings" by the band Downhere :

Follow the star to a place unexpected
Would you believe, after all we've projected,
A child in a manger?
Lowly and small, the weakest of all
Unlikeliest hero, wrapped in his mother's shawl -
Just a child - 
Is this who we've waited for? 'cause...

How many kings stepped down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
And how many gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that has torn all apart
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?

Bringing our gifts for the newborn Savior 
All that we have, whether costly or meek
Because we believe,
Gold for his honor, and Frankincense for his pleasure
And myrrh for the cross he'll suffer
Do you believe?
Is this who we've waited for?

How many kings stepped down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
And how many gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that has torn all apart
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?

Only one did that for me...
Whoa,oa, All for me...
Whoa, oa, Whoa, oa, oh,oh 
All for me (All for me)..., 
All for you (All for you)...
All for me (All for me)...
All for you (All for you)...
All for me..., All for me (All for me),
All for you...

How many kings stepped down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
And how many gods poured out their hearts
To romance a word that has torn all apart
How many fathers gave up their sons for me? 

Only one did that for me..
All for me...
All for you.

I would totally recommend listening to this song!! ( at this website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTYe9sWYKdo or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iSivQmzJ_w )

      Secondly, I would like to thank my mom, dad, brother and sister.  Without you guys I would be so bored in life.  Mom and dad, thanks for always encouraging me and loving me and giving me my wonderful outfit this Christmas and my boots and all my other gifts.  Sister, you are totally my twin, thank you for being my best friend and thank you for my present ( going to see the Hobbit together!!!).  Brother, if you weren't here I wouldn't have as many arguments or laughter as I do.

      Thirdly, I want to thank both sides of my family! 

1) My mom's side: Thank you for all your love and encouragement all year round.  Thank you all for the gifts this Christmas and making Christmas a wonderful holiday.  Oma and Opa, thank you for your love, you are my only grandparents and I love you. My Aunts and Uncles, thank you for everything. Cousins, thank you for being my cousins and always talking with me and my siblings.

2) My dad's side: I always look forward to Christmas because I get to see my uncles and aunts on this side of the family, since this is the time of year I see you guys.  I have so many people on this side of the family, I don't even know where to start.  I thank God for the uncles parents, even though they are in heaven, for raising all christian sons and daughter.  I love singing Christmas songs and carols with the uncles every year, it brings so much joy to me.  My favorite time though is singing the Twelve Days of Christmas with everyone singing on their separate months (its so much fun)!  I had such a great time on Saturday and cannot wait until next year to see all of you again.  I wish we could all see each other more throughout the year.  I was so encouraged when one of my cousins told me she was reading "Authentic Beauty" by Leslie Ludy, which I had read a few years ago, which now I might reread.  Another cousin also told me about a series of adventures on the radio called "Johnathan Park" which I haven't listened to yet, but I might soon.  I love all of you so much!!

      Fourthly (is that a word?) I want to thank everyone else that made this Christmas special that I didn't include above.  

I will probably be writing a few more posts over the next few weeks until college starts again on January 15th, 2014.  I thank God for a great year this year and I pray that he will draw me closer in the coming year and also everyone I know. AMEN   

  




No comments:

Post a Comment