Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Just Saying . . .

        While I was reading the book, Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper,  i was reminded of my philosophy class in my freshman year of college.  One of the key philosophical concepts we discussed was existentialism.  This was mentioned in his first chapter.  Existentialism is described as existence precedes essence.  Many people today in this world still believe this although this is a century old concept.  He mentions that many people believe that, "there is no essence outside you to pursue or conform to . . . it is not there until you create it by your own courageous existence" (Piper 14).  I believe, like John Piper that God created our essence and gives us a purpose to live.  
        I thank you God for giving us a purpose to live so we can follow you and not waste our life!  i was also going to post a song the last blog but here it is:

         

No comments:

Post a Comment